November 08, 2010

CherryShares Guest Blogger: Tom Thasler

We welcome Tom, who is our Featured and Guest blogger this week!

Like many investors I got tired of the modest returns from conventional investments a few years ago.  I started investigating alternative investments, particularly forex, which seemed to held the promise of larger than usual returns.  I tried a couple of expert adviser software packages but soon learned that I didn't want to be a trader, so started looking for managed accounts - I participated in several but lost money in all but one.

Then I started investigating HYIPs and made small investments in several and lost all the money because they failed for one reason or another.  Then I identified what I thought were well-regarded programs, and even these failed, sometimes because of regulatory issues, sometimes because of technical issues.  All were opaque so you couldn't determine if the business was real.  The monitors were not much help because they didn't care whether the businesses were real.  I did.

Having lost quite a few thousands of dollars I became very cautious.  Last June I discovered Cherry Shares because it was top rated by goldpoll, not because of any virtue but the consistent payments over an extended period and lack of complaints.  So I started to investigate and ask questions, and for the first time got intelligent answers, including areas where no information could be provided.  I raised questions about the Web site and was asked to make suggestions, and some were adopted.  I made a small investment and it went well.  So I kept asking more questions and making larger investments.  My caution meant that I invested only where I could get my money back as fast as possible, and I got the money back before I invested further.

Meanwhile I was raising questions about marketing, and this led Cherry Shares to ask me to help them as a paid consultant.  Now cautiously optimistic - they're still somewhat opaque - I even adopted the identify of Cherry Shares to answer questions on their behalf and to explain aspects of the operation.  My work with Cherry Shares has given me a greater than average understanding of the operation which has provided greater confidence.  I'm in profit and am diversifying my strategy and waiting for the strategic vision that will be announced at the end of the month  before making further moves.
 

Please visit Tom's affiliate site: cherryshares.com   and follow him on Facebook:Tom Thasler on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment